The two storey solid wooden building housing the museum today was built in the year 1897 as a fort by the second White Rajah, Charles Brooke to impose peace and order in the region where warfare among the local tribes prevailed.
Loagan Bunut is a huge inland lake situated in the Baram district in Miri division that could be developed into a major tourist attraction for Sarawak. Its scenic natural surroundings and tranquility make the lake an ideal retreat for nature lover and urbanites escaping from the hassle bussle of a city.
Riam Road is one of the oldest roads in Miri. Originally just a dirt and stone path road, today the road is tar sealed, and connects from Miri-Bintulu Roadway intersection at King Commercial Center to Alpine Road.