St. Columba's Kindergarten one of the oldest kindergartens in Miri. Interestingly enough, the building was not built as a kindergarten, it was originally a church - the St. Columba's church - built and completed way back in 3rd September 1922.
Located along China Street, Cathay Cinema was one of the three large purpose-built movie theatres in Miri. Like the other cinemas of the time, the building was basically a large hall with rows of seats within and a small stage at the end, with projector screens on the wall.
Long before Lutong bridge was constructed, the area had a ferry service, possibly at or near the site of what is now the Lutong bridge today. These pictures were taken on 4th July, 1945 during the ending stages of the Japanese occupation, by the Australian 2/13 infantry battalion aiming to reoccupy Sarawak from Japanese.
The Krokop Cemeteries consist of a Malay/Muslim cemetery and the Chinese cemetery right along the banks of Miri River. The cemeteries start from the Boang river bridge (connecting Miri River) to Krokop 1 roundabout alongside Miri River.