Miri River is the body of water that splits Miri Peninsula and the mainland Miri, flowing out to sea from inland, curving at Lutong Town. In one particularly popular but inaccurate online map service, the river is incorrectly marked as Sungai Baong. Others references online have confused it with Baram River.
The old Piasau bridge was a Bailey bridge at Piasau linking from the peninsular to Piasau at the point closest to the sea. The bridge, originally made of steel and wood with a single lane to handle the occasional vehicle traffic crossing, has seen several upgrades over the years.
St. Columba's Kindergarten one of the oldest kindergartens in Miri. Interestingly enough, the building was not built as a kindergarten, it was originally a church - the St. Columba's church - built and completed way back in 3rd September 1922.