Tanjung Baram Lighthouse
Photo from: Marine Department
The current Tanjung Baram light house is built in 1936, (station established 1892). The light house is currently in active use, with a focal plane at forty seven meters (154 feet) which produces three white flashes every 20 seconds. A forty five meters (148 feet) square steel skeletal tower with lantern and gallery and the light house itself is painted white. The two sides of the upper half of the lighthouse carrying a slatted daymark painted with a red and white checkerboard pattern.
This lighthouse, located only 5 km (3 mi) west of the Brunei border, stands on a prominent cape and helps guide ships approaching Miri & Brunei. Located on the north side of the Baram River entrance at Kuala Baram.